How to remove a paint smell.

I painted my daughter's room the other day,and it still has the paint smell.Does anyone know how to remove it?I have the window open and a fan in the door way. Thanks

mommie92808

Asked by mommie92808 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Fill a pot with water and set it in the room it will absorb the smell I swear it works
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 1:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Use a Bucket of Water

If you don't want to risk a fire hazard by lighting a candle to burn off the fumes, you can simply place a few buckets of water in the middle and around the room to absorb the solvent vapors. While not as effective as a candle, it is a safer option especially if you're painting a room finished or made with wood. The odors will be removed overnight, although you'll still have a faint smell of solvent that will linger and will go away in time.
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 1:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• VINAGER!! Pore some vinager in a casserole dish or 9x13 pan so it has the most area and flat surface on the top to obsorb the smell. I did mine over night with the door shut and open the windows. It was all gone the next day. Baking soda in cookie sheets will help too.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Open doors, windows and have filters in the room.
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 2:24 AM on Sep. 6, 2009