Would you use a used carseat?

If you know someone who gave you a carseat, would you use it even if it was used? The has never been in a wreck or anything and is only 2 years old.

Would you use it?

palexander

Asked by palexander at 1:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• The first carseat I had for my son was used .. I got it from my Sister in Law's sister and she had only used it a couple of times so I knew it was still in good shape. I'd only do it if I knew the history on the carseat, I wouldn't ever buy a used one from a consignment shop or from someone I didn't know though.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• If I knew the person really well that I could trust there was nothing worng with it then I would use it. My dad got a car seat from a friend of his that had only been used 3 times (he bought it for when his grandchild vistied) and then my dad gave the car seat to us. We used it knowing it had hardly been used and had never been in an accident.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 1:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Yes. As long as I knew where it came from and its history.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Honestly, I wouldn't. There are some things that I may use that were used, but not something like a carseat, or anything else with the padding. Not only for safety reasons, but for sanitary ones. It's probably totally fine to use it, I'm just weird on stuff like that, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• personally, just knowing how important a car seat is I wouldnt want to chance it. Other things that arent as important I would use but not a car seat
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• My niece is having a baby in December and I have an infant seat that I have used since 2007 (2 boys). It is still in very good condition and has never been in an accident. So I was curious if anyone else would do it.

I doubt she or her parents will use it.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 1:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• No, we bought a good Britax car seat, we don't want be frugal on safety items and then it look like every year they discover new ways to make them even more safe. But I understand a mom that can't afford it.
    shining8250

Answer by shining8250 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• It's better than no car seat, and if you absolutely KNOW the age and history it might be okay, but honestly a carseat is SO important to your baby's LIFE that it's better to scrimp on something else and get a new one if AT ALL possible.

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2009