I need advice about my husband and his new best friend. Can anyone help?

My huband was spending WAY to much time on his cell phone. Always texting and talking on the phone. One day I checked his phone thinking it was a girl he was talking too.

It wasn't it was a guy from work. They text each other nonstop and call each other on there lunch breaks even though they work together!

They became best friends over night and i feel like I'm losing my husband. It's every day trying to find a reason to hang out with him.

Yesturday he wanted to go fishing and I said I'd rather he pick another day next week. He had already been over there with him all week. He got upset but said ok. Then later when we went to go to the bank he talked me into stopping to drop something off. Then when we get there he ask me to pick up on the way back. I was very upset. Then when I get back he wasn't ready to go. We ended up staying there until 9pm and they kept going outside together.

What should I do?

somebody2009

Asked by somebody2009 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• sounds like the move "I LOVE YOU MAN" you gotta see it.

anyways tell him how you feel about it.. and see what happens i guess?? i dont know.. my man would never go that far, and if he did, i would call him GAY!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• first I would find out if my husband was gay and if he is not, then I would have a talk with him about how you are feeling neglected because he is spending so much time with his friend. Your husband needs to know that he is not single anymore! He has a family, a wife to take care of and your needs should come first. Not is stupid friends. If talking does not work, then try to be friends with his friend and see how that goes. Get close to is friend in a way that might make hubby jealous. I pretty sure if hubby thinks that his friend is trying to make a more on you or you him, he will stop hanging out with that friend as much. That's what I did with one of my husbands friends and it worked like a charm. Although, my husband friend really did like me and that thought for me was scary! lol.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• ja i wish my husb had friends that way he would leave me breath !
    nanysmommy

Answer by nanysmommy at 2:00 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• so just let it go its prob just a thing find things you can do go get your nail done clean your house turn the radio up and dance in your underware while hes a way i bet once he realizes you dont need him hell realize how much he misses hanging with you but i strongly recomend enjoying you !
    nanysmommy

Answer by nanysmommy at 2:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• It is probably just the honeymoon period...try and let it pass on its own. The more you fight it, the more you could potentially drive him away. Most of the time it will calm down on its own. If it doesn't, then you should definitely speak with him about it later on. Good Luck
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I don't know .i mean I feel for you ...in a way, but I personally wouldn't be freaking out about it so much -for now- men in most cases ,when they make a new friendship, are like little kids when they get a new toy, at first all they want is to spend as much time playing with this new toy and nothing else at the time really matters ,if you are too concern about it ...TALKING to ur DH is the best way to go about it ,and be sincere with him by letting him know that you miss him and whatever else you feel, also make plans to go out together with this new friend invite him to your house this way you can get a better picture of what's really going on ...for now- be as open minded as possible.

annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 2:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I would say sit your hubby down and talk to him about how you are feeling. Let him know that you feel like he's pushing you out. How that makes you feel about yourself, your relationship, Honeymoon phase or not of the friendship, he needs to take care of his relationship with you NUMBER 1.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I read this and my mind kept thinking you were talking about your son not your hubby. Just his actions are screaming that he's acting like a little kid!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Few things you need to think about. Did your husband have many friends before this? Or did he pretty much stay in with the family and go to work? If he didn't have many friends, then I think that maybe he is just really wrapped up having someone that he can talk to as a man. Talk to him, tell him you understand he needs to get out more, but there needs to be a balance between the two of you, with family always coming first. Good luck :)
    Psylocke

Answer by Psylocke at 2:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• My dh didn't have many friends the whole time we have been married now he has a couple guys that he is hanging out with and I too am feeling neglected. So I have no advice for you except to let him know how you are feeling. I was going to say maybe he changed the name on the phone so it came up a guys name but if you've been there then that isn't the case probably. Drop txting off you're plan that might help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2009