If you didnt tear when you had your baby how was the recovery?

Did it still hurt down there? How long did it take til you were running around again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• After being in the hospital for 4 days (I am O- so they wanted to make sure everything was okay) I was up and about at home about 3 days after so I guess that is a week! The pain and everything went away a few weeks later. Didn't wait six weeks to have sex either lol! Don't get me wrong it wasn't all so smooth I was in labor for a whole weekend!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I stayed 1 night in the hospital. It was sore and it stung for a few days..we were having sex after 4 weeks.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I tore, but also was cut, I have three children. After my first my mom told me to baby myself and the second and third I said I'm not doing that again and healed a lot faster. My advice if you are capable of getting up and around do so you will heal faster. If you have to rest for awhile then do so, listen to your body. I remember the pain with the first one being the worst, but also am convinced it was because I was doing nothing. Think about years ago when women would have babies and go right back out into the fields or tend their homes as long as the birthing process went smoothly.

Peace, <>
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 2:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• No tearing or cutting with either one of mine.

There bascially wasn't a recovery, I was fine within 12 hours or so. The sorest part of my body was my arms.

I was out of bed as soon as possible and back to normal the day I came home from the hospital.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I didn't tear at all :) I had her on Saturday morning, went home Sunday. I was up and around about three days later, but it stung to pee for about two weeks.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• 30 minutes, maybe 60 minutes. Literally.
    But this also has a lot to do with my natural out-of-hospital birth, too.
    I didn't have any interventions, delivered the baby into my own hands with no one to help.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I was cut with the first two and with the last two, i didn't have an episiotomy. I didn't feel sore or have a hard time walkiing with the last two. I think it was like a day of soreness. The midwives and nurses at the hospital did perineal massage before I started to push.
    areshea

Answer by areshea at 6:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I didnt tear either time and my who-ha never hurt. Yeah, it stung to pee for about 2 days but that was a result of having a cathider with my epi, so had I not had that... it wouldnt have hurt at all! I was crampy for a few days afterwards but as for my who-ha... no pain at all! I was in the hospital for 2 days with each of them and went out shopping and to lunch (walmart & Olive Garden w/ #1 and Macy's and a local restaurant w/ #2) as soon as we left the hospital. I had sex at 2 and 3 weeks post-pardem (with a condom, of course)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2009