Is it just me? Or is it normal to be feeling like this?

Im 34 1/2 weeks pregnant and ive just been feeling really depressed today. Just like ive let myself and everyone around me down. Ive also got into a cleaning spell...Even though everything in the house is cleaned...feels like i still need to do the same thing to get it cleaned. Is this normal or what?

CandyMama231

Asked by CandyMama231 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The depression part is not normal I suggest you consult your physician. I went into cleaning things during my seventh month my husband called it nesting, like getting things ready for the baby to come. This happened with all three of my pregnancies. However I don't know if others have done this also. Peace, <>
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 2:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Yes its normal.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• id say they are both normal...the cleaning thing is called "nesting" like your preparing your "nest" for the new baby
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• the cleaning is normal its called nesting dont be surprised if you start making lists of what you have adn what you need too LOL the depression part is not though in fact in a recent study 75% of women who had postpartum depression expressed that they had had symptoms PRIOR to giving birth (I myself am one of those 75% but I waited till about 6 weeks postbaby to get help, I wouldnt recommend that) Its important to start treatment for clinical depression early because it takes a while to start working so if you are feeling depressed have your doctor evaluate you and he will tell you what the next step is also know that if you do need like talk therapy adn meds the waiting lists for those people can be up to 6 months long so dont wait 2 months to get help because it will only take that much longer to get the treatment you need and deserve talk to your doctor now so you can enjoy your baby when he or she comes!
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 2:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• The cleaning is totally normal. It happens I think to most pregnant women during the last couple of months of pregnancy. As for the depression, it is probably temporary and I would not worry about it. If it drags on for a long while or keeps you from doing things you enjoy doing or if it keeps you from taking care of yourself, get some help. Call your doctor and ask for help.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 5:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2009