Was this rude?

Maybe I think differently but I went to get my hair done and something seemed wierd. I went in to get lowlights since my roots were growing in from my highlight job I had done back in April. I went in and told the assistant what I wanted done for my hair and to quote me on the price. She kept getting it wrong so she called the hairstylist back and help her. I told the hairstylist what I wanted done and she mistakenly thought I meant an all over color but I wanted the low lights just on my roots to cover them up. When she was under the impression I wanted an all over color she said "when you came in last you were a brunette and wanted blonde highlights, now you want brown. You'll fry your hair?" She wasn't asking me that question in a normal face, she had a cringe look on her face. I knew she misunderstood me but still, I thought that reaction was unnecessary. Even if I did want that it still would be my business.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow! Please tell me you left.
    sgt.jungswife

Answer by sgt.jungswife at 2:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Yes, I would have been pissed. :|
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 2:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Yeah... it's still YOUR hair. It would've been different if it was in a "I'm trying to help, and ooh.. that doesn't sound like a good idea..."
    But, I would've left, regardless, when the first lady started getting the quotes wrong. If they can't even accomplish that simple task... I would not trust them with my hair. Especially when TWO people got it wrong. Good Lord.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• ((op)) I know, it's ridiculous. My little sister came in to a salon to get her black hair stripped and dyed brown and another place said the same thing, but in a "I want to help so I wouldn't recommend doing that" kind of tone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I would have taken my money where people could #1 understand what I am telling them and #2 do what I ask with MY hair and MY money
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 2:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• You're the one paying....it's a hair salon.....you are supposed to get what you want. Period. They aren't there to judge or criticize what kind of hairstyle someone wants....they're there to do it. That's their job. Now, if you were asking for them to do some horrendous thing that REALLY could potentially cause your hair to fall out or something, and you insisted that's what you wanted and they did it and your hair really did fall out, you wouldn't have the right to sue them because they warned you. But you weren't even asking for anything crazy, just a simple touch up thing. Geez....and they couldn't even understand what you were asking for.....WTH....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Maybe she was new. I would just explain what exactly you want to everyone there if you have to. I would also be sure to tell the manager that some of the employees there have poor people skills and should probably work on better reaction, if they do not understand what a customer wants they need to know how to go about dealing with that. This person did not stay people friendly in my opinion. Always let the upper management people know.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• ((op)) I've been to that salon before. Trust me, she's not new. I've seen her there for at least three years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Wow...I mean yeah...they have to warn you but they can't be rude about it.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 6:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2009