falling asleep while bf'ing and burping

if she falls asleep after feeding at the breast, should i wake her to burp her? 5 weeks old

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 2:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No. If she needed to burp she'd wake up on her own. I never had to burp either of my kids.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 2:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• A five week old it is ify. Does she have problems with gas or spit up? If so definitely burp her. I was blessed to have my daughter who would sleep through burping. However I also had a very colicly boy. Who if I didn'tburp would scream and scream. I am a very firm believer of burping until they can burp themselves.
    sgt.jungswife

Answer by sgt.jungswife at 2:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I thought you were the one falling alseep while she was eating! LOL I used to do that to find that she had fallen asleep at the breast!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• You don't need to wake her to burp her. Just burp her, she'll probably sleep through it, mine always did.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I just put my son on my chest while sleeping and rub his back or pat it. He never wakes up. He doesn't always burp.
    ariesfool

Answer by ariesfool at 1:24 AM on Sep. 7, 2009