Have you ever put off telling people including your SO that you were pregnant and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I didn't put it off with my SO. I told him right away. I did my family because they didn't like my SO and I knew I'd get crap for it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• lol.. I'm doing it now! I didn't want to be pregnant.. still can't figure out whose baby it is, and really have no inclination to get everyone excited about a kid that I'm going to move away with a few months after its born. So yes, Im 14 weeks and not telling anyone. Well, except my CM friends
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Nooooooo I told him right away both times.
    Same with family lol
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 3:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I told my SO minutes after knowing
    but only one girlfriend knew for a long time because I had high risk with placenta previa and I did not want to tell everyone just to have to tell everyone that the baby did not make it

but joy of joy she beat the odds the healthcare people gave me and she is perfect=thank you lord!
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• yes because i have gotten an abortion and didnt want it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I told my SO maybe 2 seconds after I found out, lol. He let it slip to his parents that I was pregnant with our first but after I explained to him my reasoning he's kept his mouth shut about our other 2. My reasoning is that if I end up having a miscarriage, I really don't want anyone to know. I am a pretty private person so I think that I would rather deal alone than have everyone know!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• After a sad miscarriage, I waited to tell my parents that DH and I were finally pregnant again because I didn't want to have to disappoint everyone if I had another miscarriage. Fortunately, everything went well and I told everyone after 3 months. Otherwise,I can't imagine NOT telling that I was pregnant. Its so wonderful!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I always told my husband right away, but I kept my pregnancy from work and friends for a good few months. In work, I was up for a position I really wanted and didn't want my pregnancy to inadvertantly work against me. Once I didn't get the position, I felt at ease to tell people. I think some of them guessed anyway.
    Imogen13

Answer by Imogen13 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Never wth my DH he was always next to me when I tested. but yes with other family members only bcz my family is sooo big that every year it becomes a challenge getting together for the Holidays,and my brother made a comment that no more pregos until this group gets older LOL...I only have three but some have 4 or more so when we get together there is like 30+ kds from 3mos old to 21yrs old.

annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 3:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• With my first we waited until Christmas to tell our Parents. We found out 3 weeks before Christmas and wanted it to be a surprise. With the second we waited until we could get the whole family together for dinner and dressed my son in an I'm a big brother t-shirt. We had know for about a month.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2009