Stay or Go?

Have been married for 27 years. Last 6-7 have been more like living with a roommate. He falls asleep on the couch most nights and sex has been non-existant. I care about him but do not have the romantic feelings I should have for him. I have tried to force myself to rekindle those feelings but am having a very hard time. He wants to make it work and seems to be trying. I dont know what to do. I know he is confused by my actions as well. while i am not proud of it, there was someone else involved for a short time. He knows but still wants to work it out. This is not about someone else. Its about the state of my marriage prior to everything else. I tell myself to stick it out, but just cant seem to do it. I dont want to hurt him, but am not sure staying will be right for me. Need some support to help me see what I should do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• go
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Follow your heart and if your heart isn't in it then maybe leaving is the best for you BOTH.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• you need to follow your heart and do what makes YOU happy. when i found myself in a similar situation, minus how long you've been together, i just knew it was time to leave...i had considered it a few times before, but the last time, i just knew. you need to be happy!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Didn't we already discuss this? Sometimes it's just time to let go. Tell him to fix it or you have to say See ya
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I suggest buying a copy of Created To Be His Helpmeet. Yes, the title is horrible. Yes, the author tends to be heavy handed with the religious stuff. If you can get past that it has a lot of good info. I'm not christian but I've read that book a few times now and it's really helped me be a better wife. If you are christian it might help even more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Sep. 5, 2009