why is it that a while ago a mom asked if there were any jw moms on here and she got bashed beyond belief, but when a pagan or satanist mom ask if there are any of their religion, no one bashed them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know maybe she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time, I do give my opinions on here but certainly don't "bash" anyone for there beliefs.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 3:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• People can truly be mean spirited. They do it i beleive to have fun at the expense of some one else. Bashing is uncalled for and doesn't really call anyone to the way of the Creator so in a sense it is senseless.

I think also that there are way more moms on here that are into satanism, paganism, then JW. that could be a reason also. who knows.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:58 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• whats JW? jewish?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• jehovahs witness
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Perhaps because JW's are one of the few who still go door to door attempting to convert people?

I have two very nice ladies that come by my house every month or so...nothing I have said has ever disuaded them from returning (I'm not rude; but I've contridicted them when they've read to me and asked my opinion). But it can become tiresome they don't just want to stop by & they don't just want to talk to me; they want me to read aloud certain passages then ask me questions about what do I think...I have small children I really don't have time (or the desire) to feel like I'm in 2nd grade reading aloud on my doorstep!!

There isn't anything they could say that would ever convince me to join them - I enjoy my holidays and presents entirely too much!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• i know what you mean, i used to say the same thing until i was in a very dark and disturbing place and they came by my door and my whole world changed for the better. not saying its for everyone but that was my experience. Now I love God so much that I can give up anything with pagan origins. Besides, that's not a reason to bash that mommy looking for other jw's. Oh tell the jws that come to your door, not to come back, they wont come back if u tell them not to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I think a lot of it has to do with who is on here at the time. When the JW question was asked there were some people on here that were rude and judgemental. When those people are not here things are a bit more peaceful.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Don't feel singled out, I have seen some very ugly things said on this board about Satanists, Pagans, Catholics, Muslims, various Protestant sects, & atheists. Sometimes we are lucky & nobody is here to be outright nasty. I assume that is what you saw.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Oh I didn't mean to imply that was a 'good' reason to bash anyone; but out of all the different religions that's one of the main differences...it was just a theory...

I know I should ask them not to return but I'm afraid I'll come off rude and they are very nice ladies...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Christians want to help other people get out of false Christian relgions, false religions like Jehovah Witnesses. I am so grateful when someone told me I was in a false religion (LDS). The person who told me I was in a false religion took the chance of getting me mad and upset. He was firm, yet gentle, and he wasn't giving up easily. I am grateful to the other Christians, too, who tried to get me out of the false religion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2009