How many of you chose either McCain or Obama even though you didn't like either one?

Did you look at the 3rd Party Candiates or did you say eeney meeney miney mo and just pick between the two major candidates? Did it make you feel angry to not have a Candidate that totally reflected your personal views?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 4:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I voted Nader. What disappoints me in the election process is that if you don't have the $$$$ you don't get to debate the other candidates. I don't think that is right. This leaves most people believing that there are only 2 candidates. There will NEVER be real CHANGE until the Dems & Gop is out of the Whitehouse.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• It did,but McCain more closely matched my personal views. And,when he added Sarah Palin,I knew for sure I'd vote for him. She was the deciding factor for me. I have so much respect for her,and what she's gone through.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Sadly this time around even with the 3rd parties I didn't feel anyone shared my personal views.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• this election not too bad with the two choices
    but the election that comes to me as picking the better of two evils
    was the Bush/Gore selection.
    YIKES
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• no way
    Bush/Kerry was the worst!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Palin was the deciding factor for me NOT to vote for McCain
    I thought that he must have decided he did not want to be the next president when he chose her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I myself voted for Nader, but came close to voting for Obama. I definately didn't like Palin, and she was more or less the reason I didn't vote for McCain. I think he actually would have done better had he given his VP choice a little more thought.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I voted for Bob Barr though really didn't think he was the Libertarian party's best choice. At least he was a lot better than McCain or Obama. None of the others matched with what I believed in so I just voted for my party's candidate. I prefer to vote based on issues rather than party though so if another 3rd party candidate had better represented my views I would have voted for them.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Yes, I hated them both and yes, I voted for McCain anyway, like a moron. I'm talking to the local libertarian group' and I really like what the rep candidate has to say. I will not make the same mistake again.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I voted for McCain and although he wasn't my fist pick, I still liked him much better than Obama. Palin wasn't a factor in my vote.

I will give Biden a hand though, he has been blessing us with the gift of gaffe since day 1! I just wish they let him out of time out more often.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2009