My DD is always thirsty?

My daughter is constantly thirsty. I give her water and occasionally soda and she drinks her milk...yet she is always thirsty. If I give her a sippy cup she drinks like she's never had anything to drink before and I could have just given her a cup.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, first of all, stop giving her soda. Children should not drink soda. I would give her as much water as she wants and just mention it to her doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I would steer clear of the soda, that is a diuretic and can cause her to have problems later on. Have you taken her to the doc to make sure she is not borderline diabetic?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I agree about the soda. There is no way a toddler should ever have soda. Give her water. It's summer and it just may be because it's hot.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 5:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Well actually any soda, or straight undiluted JUICE can act like a diuretic. And while I don't give my son soda, I'm not gonna tell you to NOT give it to your child.

Does diabetes run in your family? Is it hot where you live? Is she very active and maybe sweating and just trying to replenish?
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• please no soda ! soda is not for toddlers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• That's one of the first signs of diabetes...I would talk to her doc. and see what they say...Good luck...
    madtan23

Answer by madtan23 at 6:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Talk to your doctor immediately, as madtan23 said, it's one of the first signs of diabetes.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 7:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2009