What can you do to improve your chances?

I know don't stress over it, possibly evelating your rear after, lots of sex, but should you try to avoid exersize? Try to simply do as little as possible? I am just curious what you can do for yourself (without going to a dr) to increase or possibly increase your chances of getting pregnant and caring the baby to term.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• The key for me is to know when I'm ovulating. The book "Taking Charge of your Fertility" was a great resource. I would suggest taking a look at it when you're at your local bookstore. It gives you 3 different ways to check your ovulation: taking your temperature, checking your cervix, checking your vaginal discharge (this one is what I do). I worked great with DH and I. After figuring this out, we got pregnant with our son after 1 month. Then we started trying again a few months ago, got pregannt that same month but in ended in a miscarriage. We are trying again and I'm using this method. I hope to have a + test in a few weeks!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Charting your cycle is the first step to take. Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler is a great book, and www.fertilityfriend.com is also a great resource. Charting will tell you when you ovulate and when you have your best chance of concieving. And don't avoid exercise. The best thing you can do for any future pregnancies is take care of yourself, including eating right and exercising. There's no need to overdo it, but the recommended 30 minutes of aerobic exercise 3-5 times a week only helps. The healthier you are, the greater your chances of conceiving and carrying to term.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2009