Whats the big deal?

Another post got me thinking, for those of you that are angry with the non-support of Obama's speech on Tuesday, what is it exactly that has you enraged? Is it just that other parents don't agree with you and aren't supportive?
Do you think that just because they are against the speech being shown in schools before it can be reviewed by educators and parents that they are racists?
Did you expect them to give blind trust to a government that has shown in the past that it isn't worthy of trust at all?

What exactly did you expect would happen?
and please try to refrain from namecalling, it's immature.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow, where are all the libs????? They have no reason...imagine that! I guess they just needed something to bit@ch about and the conservative disgust about the speech fit the bill.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Blind Trust to any for of the Government, The Department of Education, or even the President of the US is a BAD thing...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Blind trust is a bad thing, regardless of the messenger. I don't think Obama's speech should cause parents to pull their children from school, even if they disagree with the message. Yes, it's a parents right. But, I believe you should teach your children to stay in school and respect the right to free speech. If you as a parent disagree with the speech's message, this is a conversation you should then have with your child and explain your reasons and opinion.
    mollymomofthree

Answer by mollymomofthree at 5:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• mollymomofthree, what are you doing here? you sound way too reasonable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Blind trust is a bad thing, regardless of the messenger. I don't think Obama's speech should cause parents to pull their children from school, even if they disagree with the message. Yes, it's a parents right. But, I believe you should teach your children to stay in school and respect the right to free speech. If you as a parent disagree with the speech's message, this is a conversation you should then have with your child and explain your reasons and opinion

This.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• mollymomofthree said it best
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2009