age appropriate games?

i have been noticing my 11 month old trying to do things i didnt expect of her, like she got her first pair of shoes and when we got home she was playing with them and then put them in the big shoe pile by the door with all the bigger shoes! i was very impressed! i want to help develop skills but my son didnt develop this quickly....what are some good games i can play with her to help her get those new skills she wants and is ready for? she walks and waves and tries to copy sounds...what are some things she could be doing soon and how do i help her??

LadyDahl

Asked by LadyDahl at 5:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can start with shape sorters, simple puzzles, even a couple of boxes and a variety of small objects for sorting (i.e. people in one box, cars in the other) or just for putting things in and out of.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 6:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• My youngest son started doing those same things at around 11 or 12 months also. He has 2 older brothers he has to keep up with. My other 2 boys did nothing like this at this age. My son loves nesting blocks and tries to stack them up as high as he can so he can knock them to the ground. He also tries to manipulate big puzzle pieces. We have many of the Melissa&Doug toys. They have these neat sound puzzles. Some even have lights. Another game we have that Donovan loves is the LeapFrog barn where you have to match the farm animals front and back sides. Then it will sing a song about the animal. I hope these suggestions help:)
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2009