• In the Spotlight:

Duggers - 18, another on the way. Is this what God really meant?

I love how some people can take one verse in the bible and just blow it out of proportion. It says "be fruitfull and multiply" but I don't think God meant we should all have litters of children. It also says to teach your children the way they should go, how can you do that effectively when you have this many?? Stop using religion to push your own selfish agenda. They obviously love the media attention, and the MONEY that comes with it.

What if by chance, each of their kids decides to have say 20 kids??? 20 x 20 = 400. Can Mother Earth really take this if we all did the same?

I agree I think that this woman has some psychological need to be fulfilled by children and yes michelle its a vagina aparently she didnt get the memo. Shame on NBC for publicizing this madness.

article

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, if that's what they believe.. then so be it. If you believe that God never gives you more than you can handle, then this could be true. I'm not religious, But I do think that if God didn't want it, it wouldn't be. But I do think she's NUTS! LOL
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I don't think it's any of my business. Yeah, I know they are putting themselves out there and figuratively pimping the family out, but I really don't care. They can take care of their kids (or their kids take care of the kids - plenty of families work this way), who am I to judge?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• They aren't living on welfare and unlike many other families they aren't popping out 6 children at a time. They remind me very much of an Amish family. As long as they can take care of their children and they are happy and healthy. It's not my place to judge.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Prior to landing a reality series, they were living debt free.... so, really, they aren't a hinder to society, so who cares what they believe. Yes, they are contributing to the population problem, but I agree as long as they can take care of their children emotionally AND financially, it really isn't my concern.

Now if you want to bash someone for their reality series....let's discuss John and Kate!
    mollymomofthree

Answer by mollymomofthree at 5:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• who really care how many kids they have? your not paying for them are you? and do you really think 18 more people in the world is going to do us in? yup mother earth is just going to burst into flames the day Mrs Dugger pops out #19!
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 6:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• yup mother earth is just going to burst into flames the day Mrs Dugger pops out #19!

That just gave me the most disturbing visual, I need some brain bleach.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• happyI love their home and it's all paid for. 

Home of the Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar family :) by karathegreat.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• That picture of their house was after the big ice storm back in January. I live about 10 miles from them, and it was BAD. Their area got hit worse than ours did (we live north of them), and that's why the trees look kind of rough.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for that family. Each and every human being has a purpose, and is made for a reason, so yes, I do believe God meant for this family to have these kids. They're clearly very blessed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Reject the other blessings that were abused or abandoned.
    We're just too close to God and too perfect that we must replicate to make a better world.

God - "Pssst, it's a vagina, not a clown car!"

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• You know, I have an aunt (in law) who was one of 17 children (she's pushing 70 now), and is a twin. Years ago, big families, (especially Irish Catholic ones) were not unheard of. I went to college in the late 80's with a girl who was one of 12 children! As my aunt's father would say, if I can afford 'em, I'm gonna have 'em! As long as they are not a burden on society, I don't see the harm!

The parents conceived them naturally, they provide clothing, food, shelter, religion, security, and are part and parcel of a community that agrees with and shares their morals, values and ethics.

Now, if they were dependent on the government to provide any of these things, like, say "Octomom" with her 14 children, I WOULD (and do) have a problem with the number of children, but not with The Duggars.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2009