About Birth Control Mirena

I just got the IUD Mirena placed and wanted to know if anyone has it or had it. If so did you have any problems with it after getting it placed. I've had mine in since Thursday and have been having pretty bad cramps on and off and have been bleeding lightly. My midwife says its normal and to watch it and see how I feel in a few days. Any thoughts and ideas will really be helpful.

1stTimeMom1982

Asked by 1stTimeMom1982 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have mierna and have had it for 10 months, yes a lot of cramping and spotting....but then after like two weeks i dont notice it at all, not even a little! my periods have been very light and far apart...that would be my only complaint that i get nervous waiting for my period! but other than that i have had no problems!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• i have mirena and ive had it for 2 months. yes ive had light bleeding also, i called my dr and he said it was normal, because the mirena is built to thing the lining of your uterus. and with that you will have little to no cycle at all. i did experiance cramps but that was just cuz of the thining, i seldom do have cramps on and off but no bleeding. i mostly bleed after intercorse very light and for a few minuts and thats it, i havnt had a cycle since its been placed.
    liltexchick

Answer by liltexchick at 6:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I have it too, and I experienced the same. I dont have any probs with it now, altho my hubby says he can feel the string (even after its been cut twice!) Other than that its perfect
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 6:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• same as sugahmamma, my husband kept saying oww. but now it doesnt bother him. i get him to check the string often for me, cant take any chances, if its not there, i want to know about it asap not just once a month like my ob/gyn said
    liltexchick

Answer by liltexchick at 7:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I have the mirena. I cramped and bled(lightly) for about 2 months. Now I'm good. :)
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 8:37 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• i have had the mirena for about 4 months now and the first 3 months i was cramping wicked bad and i had spotty irregular bleeding, i took pamprin or aleve cuz they seem to work the best... but it will go away soon... & your periods will be lighter and shorter,... good luck & congrats =]
    ShAyLaSMoMmY212

Answer by ShAyLaSMoMmY212 at 12:22 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I cramped and spotted for 4 months. I still think it was the best choice for me. Oh, and I am regular now.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:34 AM on Sep. 7, 2009