Asthma?

Ok, so just recently I have been getting really weird chest pains and getting short of breath. The pains are just right below my breasts in between them. A friend and I were talking about it last night and she thinks I have a small case of asthma. Anyone else had this problem and was it ashtma? What did you do for it?

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 5:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Health

• My guess is it's stress- especially if you are a chest breather (to find out sit on a straight backed chair and put in hand on your chest, one on your belly and breathe normally- if the hand on your hcest moves more you are a chest breather). If you had asthma you probably would have known fairly early in your life. You may want to find some time to destress, if it get relaly bad see you r doc and ask for a muscle relaxant.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 5:58 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I tried that and the one on my belly moves more. A friend of mine didnt know she had asthma till she was about 19 years old so idk. I know I have really bad anxiety (still need to get on meds). I was always blacking out and hyperventilating. But this started about a month ago...I didn't say anything to hubby till the other night cuz I knew he would worry.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 6:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I have ashthme and that doesnt sound like asthma.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• It could be costochondritis. Costochondritis is an inflammation of a rib or the cartilage connecting a rib. It is a common cause of chest pain.

GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 6:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Doesn't really sound like asthma. Asthma kinds of feels like someone is sitting on your chest and it doesn't hurt as much as it is tight. It is more in your lungs. I have asthma and work with kids that have asthma, they describe it as an elephant sitting on their chest or like a fish out of water. It could be something with your heart. I would go to the ER the next time you are having the issues. Never fool around with breathing or chest pains.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2009