If your child is not back to school on Sept. 8th are you going to have them watch the presidents speech?

OKAY- I KNOW this topic is being totally over done, but my son-high school junior- doesn't go back to school until Sept. 10th so I told him if he is not working I want him to watch it so I know what it is about. He may even be able to use it to get extra social studies credit if he does and can write about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We'll be watching it at home. Our president wants to encourage our kids to stay in school and I'm all for that. Sure I'm 99% certain that my son will finish high school and college, I'm not depending on Obama to make him do that because I'm a good parent (unlike the ones that aren't sending their kids to school on the 8th, that's messed up) but it's still going to be a big deal.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• My children are in kindergarten and 4th grade and our school has decided to use it only in the 6th grade and up so no my kids wont be watching it!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 6:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• My kids will both be in school (kindergarten and 3rd grade). I'll be dvr'ing it. I'd like to watch it with my oldest son. I don't see it having any impact whatsoever on my 5 y/o.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• My daughters first day is the 8th and they decided not to show it (due to a half a school day) so we will watch it at home
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Our childrens school is not showing it. We have a 96 percent graduation rate our kids are learning from mom and dad to stay in school.  85 percent of the kids will go on the college the rest will attend some kind of trade school we don't have too many burn out kids.  We don't need this and the very tight academic schedule would be interrupted by this.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• My kids will go to school, my school will only show it on request in the library.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• so I told him if he is not working I want him to watch it so I know what it is about.

Are you planning on watching it with him?  Are you even going to bother watching to see what it is about for yourself and then challenge him to tell you what he got from it?  I am sure it was just the wording and you are planning on viewing it with him so that you both know what it's about.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• "Answered at 6:08 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 by: Anonymous
    so I told him if he is not working I want him to watch it so I know what it is about.

Are you planning on watching it with him? Are you even going to bother watching to see what it is about for yourself and then challenge him to tell you what he got from it? I am sure it was just the wording and you are planning on viewing it with him so that you both know what it's about."

I work 8-4 so will not be home to watch it with him, we don't have DVR, and right now the sound on our computer is not working- have tried to fix it for months but I deleted something I souldn't have months ago so I cannot watch it on the computer either. If one of the news channels is going to rerun the speech at night and it is not during DS's hockey practice that night I will watch it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I want him to watch it so I know what it is about.

no, i believe it was written this way intentionally....it's not her responsibility, it's the schools and obama's responsibility to teach her child.
    Anonymous

• I don't know much about this and had to google it to even see what it was about, LOL. My son is only 15 months, so I don't have to worry about him seeing it. I'm a teacher and our school is not showing this, but I also work for a catholic school and we're not forced to show it either.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:35 PM on Sep. 5, 2009