What the hell is a "false religion" and how can anyone be arrogant enough to dictate what it is?!!!

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 6:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If I didnt believe I was part of the "true" church why would I be part of it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• It's one thing to have faith in your own inner truth and quite another to tell someone else their heartfelt truth is "false". It's arrogant.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• That's something I'd like to know! I think it's often a way for someone to feel superior over another...which usually stems from insecurites.
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Anon, why does proving others "wrong" have to be part of your belief?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• how can anyone be arrogant enough to dictate what it is

It takes 3 parts ignorance, 2 parts prejudice and 1 part mental deficiency. We have a few shining examples that meet all those requirements. Lucky us.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• You want to know how I can tell you are in a false religion? You really want to know? Give me a belief of yours and we will look to the BIBLE and see if what you say is true. If you believe something, and that something is contradictory to what the bible says, then you are in a false religion, and are believing false doctrine. It's that simple. Check it out in the bible if what you are taught is correct.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Anon. 6:34

How do you know your Bible is infallable? Which version are you using vs which version are others? Are you looking at OT or NT? The Christian version of the OT or the Torah version?

Do you even have any clue as to what you are talking about??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I'll just repost what I posted in the other question to answer this:

calling someone's beliefs false are little different than calling someone ignorant. The truth is simple.. we don't know the truth. So belittling someone for following a "false" religion, is only the cause of most of the problems the OP is talking about, and it's pointless. One day, you will die, and you could end up being reincarnated, or just cease to exist beyond memory. There is no Absolute proof, to say where you will go, or that your beliefs are right. So just because you've found something for yourself that feels right, doesn't mean it IS right. I'm not saying it is wrong either. I'm just saying, you have no way of knowing beyond personal experience and emotions. So I would suggest learning a little respect for other religions. (note: use you as a general term, not a direct term toward you)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Um, Anon there are many beliefs with their own books to refer too. How is yours the only " true" one? Yes it is YOUR truth; but is not the truth for all. Again why does your belief have to be contingent on others being wrong?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I would say that a person who says that this is their religion but goes completely against it would be false. Wait that doesn't mean the religion is false, I don't know how a religion can be false! You can believe in it or not, but it doesn't mean that it's fake. Example: What PROOF other than PEOPLE (men) Telling you that this is the bible and it's the word of God? There is no PHYSICAL proof that God had anything to do with the bible. It's a REAL book. It's your choice to believe in it, that it is the word of God, or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Sep. 5, 2009