advanced or just right?

my daughter will b 4 months on the 16 of sept. and she is showing so many signs of advancment for her age, when you call her name she will look at you, she will hold her own bottle for up to 1.5 minuts, she is just about crawling, she loves to stand up, but has to hold on to somthing my hands preferably (shes still a lil wabbly). is this norm for a 3 and a half month old or advanced?

liltexchick

Asked by liltexchick at 6:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my friends baby did a lot of that stuff around that age so i would say normal

My mom said my baby sister was walking, alone, at 7 months and me at 8

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• she has been doing this for about a month now
    liltexchick

Answer by liltexchick at 6:42 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I have an 8 month old and around 7 months she started feeding herself the bottle. She has been looking like she's going to crawl for about 3 months but she still doesn't crawl forward. She goes backwards, spins, and rolls all over the place. I would say your baby is def advanced. Mine has been trying to pull herself up to stand for about a month. It sounds like you're going to be chasing her around the house very soon, good luck!
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Mine were rolling both ways before 3 months, sitting alone by 4 months, standing steady with support (holding hands) at 4 months, pushing up so only hips and legs were on the ground. We never let them hold their own bottle at that age, but they were on a sippy (no bottles at all) at 6 months. (bottle holding isn't a milestone, anyway)

I should hope she would look when her name was called by now.

She's right on target.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• My four month old sounds a lot like that, but I think he is advanced :). So I'd say we have some bright minded babies!
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I have always thought Bronwen was advanced
    Faeriebrat

Answer by Faeriebrat at 7:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Sounds pretty normal to me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I have a hard time calling a baby advanced or slow ony b/c EVERY baby is different....My baby is a year old and doesn't hold a bottle, but that's b/c I've always nursed or fed her myself....so no need. She took forever to crawl and then a month later she was walking. So every baby does things at different times. Heck, Einstein didn't even walk until he was 2...I wouldn't call him slow! :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• That sounds normal to me. Normal is relative though, normal means she's not EXTREMELY fast but not EXTREMELY slow either. Really advanced -- she'd already be pulling up to stand and sitting unassisted at 4 months -- which, seriously, some babies do! (Not mine. lol)

My son has been holding onto my hands and standing since he was 3 months. Watch for her starting to want to assisted walk.. If you want to save your sanity DON'T DO IT! lol. If you help her walk, she'll bug you to do it constantly and it kills your back. If she wants to do that, just encourage her to hold onto to furniture instead or get a jumperoo or something.

Your baby might not crawl for a while.. sometimes they look like they'll crawl or walk or pull up for a long time before they actually do. They gear up and build strength and finally do it.

Sounds like she does have strong legs, though. She will probably walk early. Have fun! ;)
    JamesAndMe

Answer by JamesAndMe at 10:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• i think its normal, my son held his own bottle at 3 weeks, only once, and then didnt start holding it fully till he was around 5 months. i had him standing on his feet holding his hands trying to walk when he was 3 months. he is almost 10 months now and isnt walking yet but he started crawling last month. he also had 8 teeth by the time he was 7 months. i think babies grow and learn at their own rate.
    silentbreeze86

Answer by silentbreeze86 at 11:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2009