Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's talk about something else... the fires in CA, how to help?

I want to know if there is a site or a place or whatever I can send donations or purchase care packages for the people that had to evacuate. I know I can look online but not sure I trust just any random website. My family was displaced by Katrina and we are all back in one piece now and I'm looking to help out some one else now.

Answer Question

Asked by MHaney1980 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Tell environmentalists to allow controlled burns of underbrush.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

  • not what i asked but whatever.

    Answer by MHaney1980 at 6:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

  • would it not help?

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

  • i know the fires are crrazy

    my fiances friend had to go all the way to near LA and we live in norther california about 45min above san francisco

    Best bet would be to call the fire dept in the county and see what you can do

    Answer by Dom123123 at 6:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

  • The only fire not resulting from a controlled burn is the one in LA. --the others are all from control burns that got away...but that isn't the point.

    If you contact the Red Cross in any of the affected areas, you can receive a specific list of materials, goods and items needed.
    We dropped off some bedding and kitchen items yesterday. I don't know who will get them, but I hope it helps a bit in rebuilding a new home.

    Answer by PsWifey at 7:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.