Ok, so I am 21 with a 2 year old, and 6 months pregnant, I have no education, what am I going to do?

I was working and got put on a medical leave, without pay, so now I am getting unemployment, but it's barely anything. No one wants to hire, I suppose due to the big baby bump, so I am kinda stuck. I am going to have a second baby to support and I do not know what to do.... I thought about going back to school, but my mom says it doesn't make sense, because when my baby is born I will have to take alotta time off. Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• first of all you are going to be strong because its not the end of the world. if its an education that you want then I do suggest going to a school like Everest Inst. - be in the medical field. Even if you have to start as a filing clerk! They make good money depending on the office. Just b/c you are young with a toddler and one on the way doesn't mean all hope is lost. It's not an excuse for failure, but rather an excuse to step on toes to get were you need to be in life. Take it from someone who knows...I'm 22yrs young / 3yr old / 1 yr old. Life is what you make it. p/m me, I would love to chat.   hugs

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:36 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• First, file for child support.
    Second, you do need an education or you will never be able to support your children and send them to college; you will also never be able to retire.
    Can you live with your parents to save on expenses?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Uhh... I don't understand why you can't go to school.
    very true that you'd have to take time off... but most community colleges will also work with you - some have childcare as well. And you could also take up the option on learning a trade or online classes...
    Are you getting child support for your first child? Will you be getting it for your second child?
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• i know it's not a lot of help but if you have internet at home you can answer questions for kgbkgb.com for money. it's not a lot though. if you are a good sales person, sign up to sell avon maybe?
    MHaney1980

Answer by MHaney1980 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• financial aid for school, welfare will pay your daycare
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I agree with stacieandababy, plus you get food stamps and medical bills paid

Answer by admckenzie at 7:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Nursing is a great career for a young mom if you're not to squeamish. The school is hard work though. If you go to school full time you can get your RN in 2 years or 3-4 years if you go part time. At my dialysis clinic they train patient care technicians with just a highschool diploma (and they pay you for your training). The technicians make about $12/hr. They will pay $4000/year for you to go back to school as long as you dedicate 2 years to them as an RN. The clinic is called Fresenius Medical Care. They are nationwide so there is probably a clinic near you! As a starting RN with experience as a PCT I made $24/hr right out of school. It is hard work but it is nice to be able to support your LOs by yourself if you have to. Good luck to you and your family!
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 7:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I am 25 years old, stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 6 month old. I work with a large group of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 7:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• U.S. Career Institute is an inexpensive at home school with lots of courses to choose from . You go at your own pace, and have plenty of time to finish. No online classes to attend or any of that. It's all at your home. Also, if you're looking for some income that's easy, and fun to do...this is what I do .
    http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    I stay home with my kids and make good money.
    I also think you should check out WIC, medicaid, and the other stuff the above ladies talked about. You should also go to online and apply for grants(money that is yours that you don't ever pay back). Go to: fafsa.ed.gov
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 7:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Become a legal plans broker, Jobs are never secure, 10% of America is unemployed right now.

For information on the daily pay and rate of pay visit:

www.justice4alll.greatcareerplan.com
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2009