If you are a young mom...???

did you get an education?
how much do you make?
do you depend solely on your man to support you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't know what classifies as young these days... no offense to anyone!!
    I'm 22 with a 15 month old, and 9 weeks pregnant.
    Yes, I depend solely on my DH at the moment - but I'm going through schooling to become a NICU nurse.
    Before I was pregnant, I was making pretty good money as a call center rep... We made a pretty decent nest egg while we were both working at the time, and although it's a little harder with one income to depend on, we're still working towards it.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I think of myself as a young mom....well when I first got pregnant. I was 21 and I was a CNA at the time. I was making 10 dollars but before I had my daughter I was making 14 dollars a hour. As for a education I went to Job Corps and got my CNA licence. I have never depended on anyone to support me though.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 7:00 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I graduated High School and thats as far as I went. I make $220 a week doing child care and Im 30 weeks pregnant. I am engaged and my SO works as well. He never graduated but makes $17 an hour doing electrical.

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 7:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• SRY! Im 19 and my SO is 21
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 7:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I consider myself a young mom. I'm 23 and my son is 4 1/2 months old. I am a dialysis nurse. I completed school before he was born. My bf and I split bills approx. 50/50. While I was on maternity leave he paid for a little more of the bills one month. I work 30 hours/week. I make $790/week. My bf makes approx. the same.
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 7:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• im 18 fiance is 22
    high school graduates and both have 2 years of college under our belts
    He makes 40K a year at 20 per hour
    I should make about 30K during the tax season which is about 5-7 months working time for me
    im a tax preparer and he's a manager at a dept. store
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Yes I had my oldest right before I turned 19. Right now I depend solely on my DH. I could have went to college but I didn't know what I wanted to do but I knew I always wanted a family. I am 24 yrs old and expecting my 4th and last in about 12 weeks. We as a family wouldn't have it any other way. If I can avoid it I plan to stay at home as long as possible but when all my kids are in school I have finally figured out I want to be a pharmacy tech. It took me almost 7 yrs lol.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 7:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I'm 23 with a 15 month old girl.

Before I got pregnant I had already been working as a CNA for 2 years, and had moved on to being a Phlebotomist (I make $14 an hour).
    Right now I depend heavily on my SO to be able to take care of expenses, because I am in school to be a nurse.
    However, I am still working and able to cover the rent ($1,000 a month) He makes $17 an hour as a Correctional Officer.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:43 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• What is with all the young mom qusetions lately?
    I think this is the same person from yesterday who seems to have issues with young moms thinking they are dumb uneducated people
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I had my oldest at 18 and am pregnant with #4 at 28. My DH is 29. He is a foreman for a major cpmany and makes good money. I am a preschool teacher and make slightly more than normal for my career, only because I do have a degree in early ed. We figured out the percentage of what we make and figured out that he will pay bills according to his income and I do the same. So he pays about 70% of the bills. Only because he makes way more money than I do. lol...I was a stay at home mom for about 4 years but decided to go back to school and then back to work.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 8:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2009