Regardless of party affiliation, do you think there should be no limits on campaign contributions?

WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court appears poised to wipe away limits on campaign spending by corporations and labor unions in time for next year's congressional elections in a case that began as a dispute over a movie about Hillary Rodham Clinton.

The justices return to the bench Wednesday — nearly a month early — to consider whether to overrule two earlier decisions that restrict how and when corporations and unions can take part in federal campaigns. Laws that impose similar limits in 24 states also are threatened.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_supreme_court_hillary_movie

I believe limits need to be cast in stone. The opportunity for corruption to permeate is too great--if we as American people must learn (and are doing a find job, BTW) adapting to less, so should those seeking political office.
This post is not about who voted for whom or who is or is not currently in office. It is about this one specific issue.

PsWifey

Asked by PsWifey at 7:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, there should be. Otherwise, rich people will hold more power than your average citizen...Well, they DO hold more power than your average citizen! lol

so yes, campaign reform is needed~!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• to adapt to less--not adapting to less. Saturday brain is naughty when not in teacher mode! :)
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 7:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Does this also include Oprah?
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 7:08 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• She owns a corporation, but donated individually. The question is specifically for corporations and unions. As far as I know, there are no limits on individual contributions.
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 7:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• She owns HARPO productions is that not a corporation?

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 7:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• That is what I said, but her contribution was not from HARPO, it was from her personally
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 7:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I am all about limiting contributions! There is a reason we see the same old faces over and over and over again in political races- and that reason is money. You just can't run unless you and your pals have lots of it.
    21stCenturyMom

Answer by 21stCenturyMom at 7:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I think there should be across the board limits. I also think there should be a set amount of money that can be used for campaigning. The money WASTED in this past election was sickening. Considering the economic situation of many of the citizens at the time it should have been criminal.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Yes I think there should be a cap limit and I think the Government should give each presidential running mate $10,000.00 each to keep the campaign equal so no gets bought in to Washington from corporations, unions and personal contributions. Personal contributions can be just as misleading.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 7:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Yes, I support caps on corporate donations.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2009