Who is Ellen G. White?

I have met a friend who read her books and is going to a saturday keeping church. She swears up and down that this is the remnant church God talked about and that Ellen G. White is the prophet of the last days. Anyone know about her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ok so I read about her. Why does she talk about vegetarianism? She taught that when you go to church on sabbath then you are saved? I thought we couldn't do anything to be saved? So what about all the other christians who don't go to church on saturday?
    --------------------------------------------------

Ellen White taught no such thing. She taught that we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. She believed in the keeping of God's commandments as an outward sign of that faith.( the Bible does teach this) She believed in the spirit of the Reformation and the faith that drove the early Reformers. She wrote about the Ecumenical Movement and Protestants forgetting what it is they protest. cont...
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellen_G._White
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 7:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I am an SDA and am doign my research on her. She gives great advice, but sometimes imo people take her words and overexaggerate.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• She is claimed to be a SDA prophet.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• btw I am cautious on who is a prophet and who is not. find out about her dont just rely on what people say. do your own research .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• wow she taught this? How can people follow her teachings?

http://www.ellenwhiteexposed.com/btc/btc6.htm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• No where in the bible does it say you are not saved if you do not go to church on the Sabbath ( Sat)
    So I would think that Ellen is a false teacher in that regard. She is teaching false doctrine that is not even in the bible.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• She wrote about the benefits of a vegetarian diet, and the spiritual importance of protecting one's health. You have but to look around at the rising rates of obesity, heart disease, and other preventable diseases to find proof of the benefits. It's hard to serve God and others when you're sick. Read some of her writings and not just the stuff on the sites that speak against her.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• What about the masturbation stuff? Thousand of men and women masturbate and yet how many end up in the loony bin and have deformed kids? Also how often are masturbators actually sick? I say masturbation helps ease stress, stress causees illness. Is there proof of this stuff being true?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Sep. 7, 2009