Any potty training tips?

I never like the idea of giving a piece of candy after he uses his potty, but I am open to any advice. He is 21 months.

jmetz4

Asked by jmetz4 at 7:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This website has helped me a lot:

http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 7:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• We started dd that young and she was too young. It took forever. We started ds at 3 years and it went much easier. I'd wait.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• well , my son is 31 months and been potty trained since he was 22 months! I went to walmart and let him pick out some underwear.I told him not to pee/poop on superman.I also made a potty chart and put on back of the br door . Every time he went he got to put a sticker on his chart. The first month was h*ll but everytime he made a mistake which was usually a pee mistake i would take him to the potty and say no trey u pee here not one the floor and i know i did that about 10 times a day. Everyday that passed it got better. Then once I knew that he knew not to pee on the floor which was about 3 of 4 weeks later when he wasnt making any mistakes i would make him clean it up .. which i knew i had to go over it but its just the point ! Make going to the potty fun, sing a potty song ,clap and give hugs when he goes! Make it allll about him and how much of a big boy he is !! Good luck mama !
    treysmama06

Answer by treysmama06 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Wait until he is physically and mentally capable of potty training and you don't have to 'do' anything... he'll figure it out on his own.

Children naturally want to master their world, including maturing and doing what grown up people do.

You don't have to do anything to make that happen --apart from meet his needs as they arise-- and it is very difficult to stop intentionally.

It is not a good idea to get bribery, threats, rewards, punishments, complaints or blame involved in things kids need to do to stay healthy: eating, eliminating, sleeping...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2009