I think Im dilating!? Am I? What is wrong with me? Should I call my doctor?

Im 30 weeks pregnant and when my SO and I have sex, I dont feel it as much anymore. I feel like Im getting bigger down there. Like maybe Im dilating or something. I feel embarrassed about it because I think my SO feels it too. Is this normal? Am I dilating or what? Should I call me doctor? PLEASE dont be rude because if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all.

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 7:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have never experienced that before and i have 3 boys. When is your nexp appt. with your OB/GYN? You can always call if you have questions. I know i did with my first pregnancy. Hang in there:) Sorry i'm not much help, but don't be afraid of calling. That is part of the docs. job.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• no idea- i haven't enjoyed sex in months maybe its just hormones

i'm 30 weeks too
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• When you dilate, you don't get bigger down there (if that's what you mean). Your cervix dilates and I don't think you or him would be able to feel like during sex. Your body is just changing alot. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• You really can't feel your cervix dialating (Unless you are contracting, but I don't think that is what you are getting at). You vaginal canal will "loosen" up as it prepares for child birth and maybe that is what you feel.
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 7:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2009