My belly button is dark now that it is sticking out, it looks like a butt hole!

WHY!? I had a deep belly button before pregnancy and it is flat now but it is a really dark color. Is this normal? My SO said it looks like a a$$ hole! I cried. I clean it every day when Im in the shower with baby oil and its still dark. How can I make it a lighter color? it looks gross! was yours the same color of your skin or was it dark?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 7:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like it's the pigment of the skin. You can feel bad about it, but it's as pointless as feeling bad about the colour of your cervix.

Sounds like your SO needs an editor so he can find out why everything he thinks should not come out of his mouth.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:43 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• mines not darker, i got the dark line like your supposed to though

i wouldn't cry over it i'm sure it will go back
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I havnt gotten the darker line but my belly button is dark. : ( it looks gross!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 7:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I've heard of that happening. I got a dark line from my belly button down to my pelvic area and my nipples got dark brown as well. it is normal and will go away i'm sure. I didn't get the line with my 2nd and 3rd preg. but did still get the dark nipples. try not to cry about it. There are many changes our bodies go through during preg. that go away after or shortly after birth. The baby will be worth all of the changes. I think thay way anyway.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I think you should hand him a mirror and tell him to gaze into the eyes of a real butthole. I am sorry hon, men are insensitive jerks sometimes. I don't think there is much to do butt (ha ha...couldn't help it) grin and bare it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• My belly button got darker when I was pregnant, whatever it is come off. Try cleaning it with a q-tip and peroxide. That's what I did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• my dark line is on top instead of under my naval, it's very thin and long, isn't that odd?
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2009