I know this might be wrong but......

Im 30 weeks, do I get another sonogram or do I have to wait till hes here to see him again? If not, What can I tell the doctor so I can get another sonogram? lol

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 7:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my insurance covers any that the doctor wants to do..if the doc requests we get
    he even has a sonogram machine in his office, i think im just going to bring it up and he'll probably do it for me

but my mom said when she was having my sister they only gave her a sonogram if something was wrong, she said she had spotting and she was worried...but she didnt...but thats how she found out my sister sex at 38 weeks
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• If you can afford one you can pay to have one done. Other than that I think unless they think something could be wrong they won't do one.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 7:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I think it depends on your insurance! My insurance only covers for 2 an i had one done at 10 weeks that another one at 20 weeks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• i only had 2 with my first one and the same is probally going to go for this one i wish there was more :(
    hotmama0820

Answer by hotmama0820 at 8:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I never had any with my pregnancies, but I have heard some women get them with every prenatal appointment...
    It varies greatly, obviously!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• There is some evidence that sonography makes genetic changes. You may not actually want another, if you can avoid it and there is no medical reason to do one.

It's probably going to be at least another 10 years before anyone finds out what the meaning of those genetic changes are...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• i think it mostly depends on your doctor and your insurance. I know for my pregnancies, i only get one unless they need to check anything else. I had a doc tell me they thought i was measuring a little big a month or so ago, and they said that if that became a concern as i progressed they would order another. but normally my docs only do one around 20 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2009