My son is 9 weeks and he is colic and cry all the time...I just want to know when it will get easier?! When I will be able to enjoy him?

rosa78

Asked by rosa78 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hang in there!!! My first son was like that, but i only had to deal with the crying at around 7pm and it would last for a couple of hours. I would get frustraed. This may sound bad of me but there would be times i would leave him in his crib for about 20min. after i checked to see if anything else was making him cry or if he was just crying to cry. I had to so i could re-group. This only lasted for about the first 3 months then it got so much better. I learned to relax more and be able to deal with the stress better. I was all alone with this and wish i had my DH or mom here to help me out with it. I know it is hard to deal with now, but there is an end to all the madness. That is what got me throuth the difficult times is knowing it would come to an end. Is there someone else that can come and help you hold him or let you take a relaxing bath. It would help a lot!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Are you sure that it is colic and not something else, my son was crying all the time at that age and all the dr. told me it was colic and it ended up being acid reflux.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 7:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Good point NicholeAT. That is what happend to my youngest son and after he was perscribed zantac he didn't cry any more unless there was an obvious reason.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Acid reflux is a possibility, for sure... but what I see WAY more often is too much for babies to cope with.

A baby of the human race would have no 'new' voices or sounds outside the baby's home and village -- not more often than once or twice a month. Babies in our culture see new things every day--sometimes six, eight, 15 times a day, every day, every week, every month.

They also smell more, touch many more new surfaces, and hear more.

Babies brains are not made to deal with the many, many things going on in our 'modern' world...and some kids don't have difficulty ignoring it. Many children have a great deal of difficulty coping, until they mature, or figure out how to cope, or shut down.

If parents know about this, they can limit the babe's exposure intentionally. If parents don't know, they unwittingly create hours and hours of overwhelmed crying every day, thinking life is 'normal'.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• That last answer just sounds bogus, I would consult with your childs docter.
    alaskaarmywife

Answer by alaskaarmywife at 11:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• my little girl was like that for 3 months it was very stressful. but hand in there it get better. we uses this stuff called grip water its natrual herbs to help settle there stomach. it really helped my little girl
    kieramommy

Answer by kieramommy at 12:52 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I don't think he has reflux because he never spits up after feeding. He cries a lot every night from 2 hours....no reason ...it's crasy!!! It's good to know that eventually he will get better. What about Colic calm? Does it really works?
    rosa78

Answer by rosa78 at 12:56 AM on Sep. 6, 2009