so cheap pregnancy test work just as good?

I just bought the equate brand from walmart cause there was three and all i could afford right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• yes. I bought the no name brand from London Drugs for both my pg and it worked just fine.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 7:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I bought mine from dollar tree for a dollar and it worked as soon as my pee hit it lol two little pink lines! they are just as good! they all are made pretty much the same way your just paying for the brand as well as the way it displays the results weather it is digital or lines.

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 7:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• All pregnancy tests react to the presence of hCg --human cholonotropic gonadotrophin-- and ALL of them, regarless of price, are more accurate the more hCg you're excreting...

Meaning: wait as long as you can to use the test. Two days after you're period would normally have started you may be excreting hCg... but 15 days later you will be excreting a lot more. To save money, wait until you're more pregnant, or you're likely to need to use more than one.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• yes, it's best to test first thing in the morning when your urine is most concentrated.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I have used the cheap tests from the drug store and they seem to work just as well as the pricey name brands.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Planned parenthood told me to use the cheap ones, apparently if they run out (I live in a college town, it can happen the first month or so after school starts) they run to the dollar tree for them.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 2:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• my doc told me that most brand off or name are exactly the same but that all brands can have fauly tests. She said that they all test for the same things and that unless you're getting a blood test done they give you the same test in the office that you take at home
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 12:00 AM on Sep. 7, 2009