Are black and white 2-D as good as color 3-D?

Its a ton cheaper and I want to get one but is it worth spending the extra money for 3-D color?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 7:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the color 3-d is best around 28 weeks to 34 since you can see more :) but before 28 weeks my b&w 2-d where amazing :) i have noticed the ones done at the dr's office arnt as good as private places though, dr's just want you in an out an that kinda sucks! good luck :)
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 9:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• with 3d you can see more definitaion of the babies face. my doctor told me to save my money though...lol so its just all about how badly and how much you want to see the babies features
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• That depends on how you mean the question. If you're asking whether the doctors can get as much information from a 2D ultrasound, yes; they should be able to make sure everything's ok and detect any potential problems just fine with a 2D. If you're asking about picture quality of the printouts for keepsakes...yeah, the 3D is more detailed, but I could see everything just fine with the 2D. Not worth the money for me.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• the 3d isnt really in color it's just not black an white and i would say it's much better then the 2d but the 2d works too just less definition best time to get the 3d is 30wks when the baby has fat on it so it doesnt look like an alien or anything
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2009