Physical Proof of the Exodus...

I have seen many a religious documentary (I try to watch at least one a week) and one I watched a few weeks ago talked about how they have actually found chariot wheels (or the remains of) and other proof that the Egyptians did chase after Moses and the Isrielites as is stated in the Bible. Which many people use as physical proof of the legitamicy of the Bible itself.

However, there is also physical proof of myths like Troy and even Arthur... So this is what people tend to point to to legitamize Pagan myths...

So, here is my question(s)...

1.) To Christians how does the "proof" of Christian mythology affect your beliefs and how do you react to the "proof" supporting other faiths?

2.)Non-Christians, same questions, how does the "proof" of Pagan mythology affect your beliefs and how do you react to the "proof" supporting Christian faiths?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• **Disclaimer** Before everyone gets upset over the use of the word "myth" please understand it's not meant to cause issues. It is a term that is used to describe any unproven religious tail. Meaning what is myth to you is not myth to someone else. So to be fair everyone is being referred to that way. Please do not allow it to offend. It's being used in a technical form here not a critical one...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I think all myths are based on truth to one extent or another. Biblical myths are probably based on factual events, heavily edited and with a few mystical elements mixed in.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• "2.)Non-Christians, same questions, how does the "proof" of Pagan mythology affect your beliefs and how do you react to the "proof" supporting Christian faiths?"

The "proof" of pagan mythology absolutely fascinates me. I think all myths come from something that happened in history, even if the story is 100% completely different than what actually happened. Legends and myths grow bigger and bolder and more mystical as generations go on. I think this is what happened with the Bible. Maybe Moses was in fact a real person once upon a time. Maybe he did help some Hebrews escape Egypt once upon a time. But as the story went through every family by word of mouth, down and down until it was written down, I guarantee you it was a completely different story from what probably happened. It's like the game telephone, everyone tells a story just a little bit different.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Caitrawks, then going by that the same goes with the pagan and other religious myths as well stories told have changed over time as well.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• ACK! Yeah, I meant to say that but I guess it got lost in translation =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I know this is your question but there is proof of Arthur and I thought Troy was true lol?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 9:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• rhanford ~ Troy is true. But for hundreds of years it was written of as pagan myth because there was no proof. Now that we have found the ruins of Troy it's seen as true. But there is still little or no physical proof of the how and when or the religious support behind it (the Gods) just like the Exodus. There is physical proof that it happened but no proof of the God behind it...

As for Arthur, there is again, much proof that some of the myths are factual. In fact they did find proof of the existance of King Arthur as well as the fact that many of the places surrounding the myths did and do still exist. (also see this: http://www.damninteresting.com/king-arthurs-grave)

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:35 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I don't need outside "proof". Nore will any "proof" of another faith change my mind. My proof is the cross, it is witnessed in the work of the Holy Spirit in my life producing faith.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:11 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I NEED NO PROOF ALL I NEED IS FAITH AND MY RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 4:42 AM on Sep. 6, 2009