Are your kids in martial arts?

Do you go to a commercial place or through a park distrcit/Y, and how much does it cost per kid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• my son does muai thai kick boxing...he's 11 and he does wrestling

theres a center that he goes to for both, pretty cool trained by a real MMA fighter

its 1,000 per year
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• My 5 yr old girl does Go Ju Ru (not sure i spelt that right) through a man in a neighboring town. He is great with the kids and charges only 45 per little dragon (the class my girls in). We go once a week right now but if we wanted more the price goes up just slightly. its been great for her, given her people to talk to and has helped her with some of her shyness.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• My son goes to karate at the YMCA...the class is $115 per session which is once a week for 8 weeks. He is taught by a very experienced Sensa and it's great. We tried Tiger Schulman which focuses on mixed martial arts, self confidence and self defense and it really wasn't as structured as we liked...but a fun class. His classes at the Y are focused on self discipline and are extremely structured.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 5:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2009