The other parent when they are not around?

Ok so my ex has paid a total of 900.00 since november of 2001. He has only had a few visitations. They are set up in the decree he can only see them every other weekend supervised visits for two hours. He has not seen them for almost 2 years now. Since I havent talked to him, I moved on and got remarried and moved out of state. Since changing my numbers and address and such. Now he tells my dad his lawyer is trying to get me for kiddnapping. He is on SSI for the last 1 1/2 for split personality disorder and bipolar. Says that he is bad enough he cant work, he used drugs the entire time of our marriage. I need help. I am scared and don't know what to do?? Can he really get me for kidnapping even if he is the one that lost contact? Please, i need some advice!
Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Go get a lawyer.

Answer by louise2 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I have known of two parents living in seperate states, I THINK in cases where you aren't allowed to leave state it is usually in your divorce papers or in the custody agreement. I would consult a lawyer either way.
    Bennett121

Answer by Bennett121 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Get an attorney. He could get you for contempt of court depending on what the custody papers say about one of the parents moving out of state. In my documents, I can be jailed for 90 days for not informing my ex (who hasn't seen my son in 7 years) if I want to move out of state and more than 300 miles within my state. Good luck.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• It does not state anything about me taking the kids out of state. The only thing it says is that he has supervised visitaions until he completes a drug test and 364 days of anger management.
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 9:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Generally you are bound by the decree from the Court but I suggest you get a lawyer.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 10:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• i would get a lawyer. neither my ex or i are even allowed to leave the state (for vacations and such) without notifying each other. i believe that when you move, you have to notify the courts or your ex i don't remember which, within a certain time frame...so, definitely get a lawyer, quick.
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 6, 2009