will cleaning supplies harm the baby??

like while cleaning with mean green or somethin? bc my throat kinda burned so i know i inhaled it. im 20 weeks pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not too sure

im not allowed to use cleaning product for that reason, my fiance wont allow me...hes more paranoid than i am

u can try some natural cleaners in the mean time...using vinegar works or going to the store and buying seventh generation brand or Mrs Meyers
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I don't use chemical cleaners at all. They are unsafe for anyone. I clean with baking soda & vinegar. Vinegar kills germs just like any other cleaner would. I have been cleaning this way for 2 1/2 years now and would never go back. It is safer, better for the environment, cheaper, and if my daughter got a hold of the cleaner I wouldn't have to stress cause it isn't dangerous.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• yes, it's pretty much the same as huffing. wear a mask if you must clean with something that has a strong smell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I was told if i were to use cleaning products that I should use gloves! So be careful and the smell...thats not good either...i would wear a mask if its too strong....Better safe then sorry
    oxcarirenexo

Answer by oxcarirenexo at 11:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Cleaning products will not affect your baby, however it isnt safe for YOU to be inhaling the stuff of touching it. As long as you arent mixing products(which IS highly dangerous) you should be fine. Bleach works best on everything and is completely safe.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:23 AM on Sep. 6, 2009