39 weeks and I am having....

A glass of wine with dinner tonight!! Will this affect the baby in any serious way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some would not agree this is a good idea.
    But others would not see any harm.

Alcohol in any amount *may* be unsafe. But women all over the world through history & currently drink wine everyday, pregnant or not... No big deal to them at all.

Maybe just a half a glass sipped slowly will cause relaxation and you can still enjoy the flavor... And will only expose baby to half the amount. (A whole glass when you're not used to it might make you pretty tipsy!)
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• i just know anything you do goes to your baby 10 times more
    so if your tipsy baby is hammered
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I'd say don't do it but I can't stop myself from having a cigarette when I'm really stressed. Perfect people can bash all they want. Heck with my first son I didn't know there were things you weren't supposed to eat. I ate feta cheese by the handfuls almost everyday when I was at work. He survived and is perfectly healthy.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I don't think it will cause any harm but I'm also 39 weeks and figure if I went this long without a drink what's another week or two?
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 10:45 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I was told we are allowed to have a glass of wine a day
    oxcarirenexo

Answer by oxcarirenexo at 11:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2009