19 month old terror :)

I should know - I have an older daughter....but this 19 month old DD just SCREAMS and cry's all the time. Is it a stage - and will it go away. Everything is a chore with her. My older daughter was pretty close to talking at this point, so could communicate - is she just made because she can't communicate what she wants. The screaming is wearing on us.

nanahayhay

Asked by nanahayhay at 9:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Probably just a stage, my 23 month old, when she was right around 18 months went through that, she would scream at the top of her lungs half all day long, and she did it for close to 2 months. Just screaming when we said no, screaming when we put her in the chair to eat, screaming when she needed a bath, screaming when she had to get out (lol), and sometimes she would just scream for no reason, then look around and smile at us, and by then she was talking pretty well, and it just drove us nuts. Also, I saw in a post you made that you are expecting another baby, when I was pregnant with my 2nd, my son was 16 mos old, & I think he knew something was up, & he became really clingy & fussy & easily upset the last few months of my pregnancy, until the baby was a few months old. I have a 3 y/o, an almost 2 y/o, & a 2 week old, so I know how you feel about the noise! Good luck, I'm sure she will grow out of it soon =)
    Bopples

Answer by Bopples at 2:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2009