How to stay at night without a diaper?

My baby is 2 yaers old and during the day she is without the diaper.But I do not know how to stay without one diring a night.

N.J.baby

Asked by N.J.baby at 9:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my lil girl when i tried to put her pull up on at night she was like mommie i promise i wont tee tee in the bed and i was neverous bc i really did not want to wash sheets again and again and so i tested her one night and told her if she had to go to wake me up and she didnt come wake me up in the night so i thought for sure she wet her bed and when i went to wake her up she jumped up and was like See i told you i am a big girl and can wear my big girl panties at night so she just wanted to do it. you need to ask you child if she feels like she can do it and if she says yes try it out, if she says no dont force her it will happen one day. Most kids it takes til they are 5 years old b4 they can wear regular panties to bed., Good luck.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• you could get some plastic sheets, just in case. maybe he could get a reward if he doesnt potty in the bed?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I put my son in what we called "nite time underewar" or pull-ups and when he was dry 5 mornings in a row that is when i felt comfrotale with putting him to bed with underwear on. He still has accidents, but they are getting less. I try not to give him any liquids too close to bedtime..
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Two is a bit young to have her sleep all night without a diaper but if there is no option I'd at least put a trash bag under the sheet to protect the mattress.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I have a plastic matress cover on our son's bed if he wets.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• My son is 3 and a half, he has been a dream when it comes to potty trianing. Daytime training had its normal set backs and so did the night time. I just needed to figure out what to do to help my little one to succeed.

NIGHT TIME HELP.....always go to sleep with a empty tank....so pee before going to bed and possibly after night time routine i.e. after reading books or whatever. I usually stayed up for awhile after he went to bed so I get him up (he was still mostly asleep) and stand him infront of the toilet.....I just tell him to 'Go pee sugar' and away he goes. If i go to sleep shorty after he does then I set my alarm for 2 hours later.

IMO...if you give your child and yourself a 'fallback' like a plastic sheet then it might make it easier to give in or the easy choice. IMO.....no judgements.
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 12:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• She has a teeny bladder; my daughter was 4 (reading and tying her shoes) before she was completely out of diapers.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:20 AM on Sep. 6, 2009