Pagan Sisters...

What is your BOS like and what do you keep in it??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have a large binder from WalMart and then used page protectors to keep my pages in. I usually print them out or at the very least use nice paper and hand write them.

I am building my BOS as if I were going to pass it on. I like you have my BOS organised in to sections as below:

History and Timeline (because I plan to pass this on I want everything to be there)
    Tools (Basic information as well as some "how to" information)
    Magickal Associations (Colors, Gems, Herbs, Gods, Trees & more)
    Myth (A gathering of Pagan myths from many paths)
    Sabbats & Esbats (Basic information - No personal experiences)
    Other Rituals (Blessings, Paganings, Dedication & more - basic, not personal)
    Divination (Basic, and how to, not personal)
    Spells, Potions & Powders - split in to sections for each (My own personally written or handed down recipes & words)

cont...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• And finally Personal Record (This is where I record personal experiences. I use a Magickal Record "form" from one of the books I have. I like it because it has everything in one place. It's really helped me to learn where my strengths and weaknesses lay)

Again, because I plan to pass this on I do kinda over achieve... lol! But that's just how I am.

I also keep a Book of Mirrors in a seperate binder. In this I record my dreams, visions, meditations and divination results... Both are always growing! I think eventually I will have to create a basic BOS with all the information and a second for personal record. But until then I'm good with what I have

Oh, and I got the binders with the clear plastic covering so I could decorate them as needed... I have printed out an awesome cover for both!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Actually I have a small BOS but when I create my rituals I normally do not add them to it. Reason being is that I am eclectic and I've tended to take after my husbands ritual which is to burn the paper I've written my words down on at the end. Then I focus on the smoke as it burns focusing on them reaching spirit. I never reuse a spell. Each time I need one I create a new one. I find it is much more focused for that specific event.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Mine is a black binder with spiral note books of certain colors in it... each spiral note book contains certain subjects... such as spells and prayers.... this keeps things in order for me and neat... I am working on getting a larger binder and starting a second one...
    I do have some print-outs of spells or color/candle/moon phases and such... but most of my book is hand written...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Mine is a black binder from Walmart with clear sheet protectors. I'm really not sure what all is in it right now. It needs to be added to very seriously and needs to be re-organized.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:04 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• a fuzzy notebook
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:12 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• A binder that my son gave me a few years ago. He'd covered it with pentacles to decorate it and did not know that I was Pagan then.
    sherriet

Answer by sherriet at 1:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2009