Is faith based on truth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It depends on what you consider truth. Faith is based on Personal Truths not Fact... There is a difference. What one person sees as truth is something completely different from what another person's sees as truth...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• What Sabrina said. I would say no.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Sabrina said it best so I'm going to say ditto!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• We walk by faith not sight
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Faith is belief without evidence. For the believer, it IS truth.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I believe what I can see, and the truth is in what I see. Faith is believing in something you cannot see. It's like...the sky is blue. I don't have faith that it's blue, it just IS. This is a universal truth. It cannot be disputed no matter what. But a higher power? Now we don't know if there's truth in it or not, because no two people see higher powers the same. Everyone except blind people can see that the sky is blue. But nobody can "see" a higher power. So you have to have faith in the higher power even though you can't see it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I think in their minds they have made it 'truth' so yes, faith is based on truth- just not fact.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:48 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I like what Micheal Ramsden says: "faith is not wishful thinking. It is not hoping that God is there. It is not a leap into the dark. As a matter of fact, if you read the Bible you will see that there is no such statement that faith is a leap into the dark. Rather, faith is described as stepping into the light, a light that allows you to see and be seen."
    Faith is not belief without evidence. I have faith that my husband will not cheat on me - that is the same kind of faith we put into our God. Faith has a foundation of truth and a foundation of a relationship. Its not something we jump into blindly, There obviously has to be some kind of initial proof or no one would have faith in anything. And God is just like anything else - without some sort of initial proof, no one would have faith in Him, either.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:18 AM on Sep. 6, 2009