Feeling a twinge of guilt

My husband is leaving the area for 4 weeks to visit family in the old country. It is too expensive to travel on a trip that our 3 year old daughter won't even remember. I am feeling a twinge of guilt. I have come to dislike the way his fellow expatriots expect us to kowtow to their linguistic and cultural comfort level rather than vice versa. I don't like the way some of these folks have treated me. I want to deal only w my husband and his family and not friends. Due to changes between us since our daughter's birth, we have both considered separation at various times, but want to be a family for our little girl. We have at least for now discontinued the possibility of separation. I am feeling nervous about the Translantic flight, wonder if all of the bad thoughts I have had are going to get me penalized and wishing later on I shouldn't have had those thoughts. I am worried about a permanent separation.

mimismom436

Asked by mimismom436 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Acknowledge that the thoughts are there and are part of you, then work on removing them from your mind as you wish your husband well on his trip. Think positive and hopeful thoughts. I hope he has a safe journey and that you and your daughter are safe and secure during his absence.

Answer by Bmat at 9:43 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• i don't understand the questiion
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Look at it like this...

Seperation with miles will bring your hearts closer....

Meaning let him miss you! Miss him! It will make you closer in the long run.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 10:43 PM on Sep. 5, 2009