Ok, serious question...

I am NOT looking to start a debate, nor stir the pot. I honestly want to know why! Why is it that when someone is republican, and they are passionate, NOT bananas, just passionate about their opinions & views...they are classified crazy. If they stand up for what they believe in, either here or in a town hall meeting...the media and the moms on this site call them crazy. Is it because they don't share your views? Or is there another reason? Just wondering...

sunnymom3

Asked by sunnymom3 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The main reason? Because we don't bow down and worship the almighty, can-do-no-wrong Obama. If you aren't willing to do that, you are classified not only as crazy,but racist, anti-American, nutjob, you name it,we get callled it. Oh,and I think my personal favorite is "sheeple."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Oh, I love it when we voice our opinions of his socialistic ways, and they call us racist! RACE has NOTHING to do with it. He is a bad man...bottom line.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• It's because the supporters of the Almighty can't take the truth so they lash out at everyone else...
    orkibe3

Answer by orkibe3 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I just can't get over some of the names, excuses, cop-outs etc...that I have heard, read, and witnessed when it comes to the double standard that the democratic and liberal parties adhere too!
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• It's like elementary school. Try to talk to someone that doesn't agree with you and you get a pouty child throwing a fit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Both sides are guilty of it. Get over it. Very few people can actually debate in a civil matter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Unfortunately it goes both ways. There are some who simply can't accept or respect differing beliefs.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 10:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• No, I agree with both anon 34, and Friday. I know there are guilty parties on both sides. It just seems like the reupblican party is getting slammed a LOT in the media lately...all because of their views.
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• And I can recall a few years ago when the other side was slammed by the media. It all depends on who is in office and what party holds control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Anon 53, I don't ever remember the Demo party getting slammed by the media, a couple of years ago, if anything the repubs were getting slammed left and right. They were constantly showing on the main stream news all the protests and such and not once did I ever hear them talk negitivly about the Democratic party. What channels were you watching? I got so tired of hearing Bush slammed all over the news, that I quit watching it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2009