how much do you think my child will weigh?

okay this is a weird question but money if really tight and my girl is 4 and she is 37 lbs right now her car seat is only to 40 lbs and my car only has lap belts so she can't go into a booster so i have to buy her a new car seat with 5 point harness almost all them only go up to 40 lbs i have found a few that go to 65 and some that go up to 80 but i can't afford the ones that go to 80 so i am asking how long do you think this car seat will last if i get the one that goes up to 65 how long do you think till she is 65 lbs the cheapest car seat i found that goes up to 65 lbs is $100?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The one we have that goes to 65 lbs with a five point then turns into a booster for up to 100 lbs. We paid 155 I think but it will take my daughter til she is out of a seat all together. We are about to get my son one now too--have to save a little longer to afford it. It is a nautilis 3 in 1 by graco I think it is wonderful and it is at walmart and target.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 10:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I don't think that the harness part goes up that far; usually the seats that go up to 65 and 80lbs turn into boosters and that is the part that goes to 80 but the harness part only goes to 40. Maybe you should call your local police station and ask what to do about your seatbelts. Your girl may be getting too tall for the seat as well and if it doesn't fit properly it could do more harm than help in an accident. I wish I had something to tell you that would solve your prob, sorry. I would def call and find out what you could do to make your seatbelts work for a booster. Maybe there is something you can buy; it could end up being less expensive too.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• my carseat goes up to 100lbs. I have the Cosco Alpha Omega Elite 3-in-1 Car Seat
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• This car seat is a 5 point all the way to 80lbs. http://www.hipmonkey.com/Britax-Regent-Youth-5-Point-Harness-Car-Seat_p_1.html

I'm not sure how old children are before they're 65 pounds (to answer your question).
    DaphneMae

Answer by DaphneMae at 9:05 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Sorry, I have no idea how much your child will weigh, no one does. Your child's safety is more important than money. Sacrfice somewhere else to get her a proper carseat. My son didn't weight 65 lbs until he was in middle school. He is 13 now and weighs 98 lbs. I know 4 yr olds that weigh 65 lbs, it all depends on heredity, how they eat, their exercise level.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I highly recommend the Graco nautilus. It harnesses to 65 lbs. It averages $150. After 65lbs, it turns into the booster. I am very happy to see you KNOW that you can't use a lap belt with the booster! So many parents do not realize that. The Apex 65 is cheaper, and it harnesses to 65lbs, but is much wider. As PP have said, we don't know how big our kids will get or how fast. My son is 2.5 and is as tall as some 4 or 5 year olds, and already weighs 43 lbs. You can messange me for more details if you want. =)
    Valerieeee

Answer by Valerieeee at 11:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2009