"Do not use this product if you are pregnant or could become pregnant"

You know when you see the commericals for medication theres that disclaimer to not take the medicine if youre "pregnant or could become pregnant"? I thought the vast majority of women "could become pregnant"? Are they just trying to say women dont use this product at all? Lol. I remember asking my mom about this when I was younger and she didnt have an answer for me. Idk why but that little warning always annoyed me, like a random little pet peeve. Am I the only one like that? Lol, surely they could have said "do not use if you are trying to concieve."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol i wondered that 2
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• it is kinda annoying as well. i hate those do not use this product if...things though half the stuff could apply to everyone. like the person on an allergy med "do not use this product if you have a stuffy nose" isn't that what the product is supposed to get rid of? kinda thing ya know?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I was listening to one commercial and they said "In some cases, side effect of fatality". I asked my husband "Isn't that more like a permanent condition?".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• They can't just say "Only women who are trying to conceive" Because otherwise some stupid woman will end up getting pregnant even though she wasn't' trying to conceive and then try to sue the company because something happened. They can't be too specific with things like that when they do those things to cover their butts on the legal aspect of it.

Just like there are certain meds they won't prescribe a female if she isn't on some form of birth control.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• maybe it means if you are trying to become pregnant, or maybe only women whose baby factory has shut down for good can use it, i get mad when i see that com, and its like the cough meds and its like in some case side effect include swelling of the face lips and tounge uncontroable movement of the arms and legs twiching in the eyes and diahrah constapation vomiting and all i can think is DAMN i much rather have a cough then go through all that...lol.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• OMG! ggiovanni, my DH and I laughed so hard, I cried!
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 10:58 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• There one was medicine commercial where one of the side effects is increased gambling. I think that's hilarious. I 4get the name of it, but if u have a gambling problem blame ur meds, lol
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Oops I meant *there was one*
    Sorry
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• hahaha the increased gambling commercial is for "restless leg syndrome"!!!
    i remember that! SO RANDOM!
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 11:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Anon 10:30 that made me laugh so hard I dang near peepee'd on myself! That it GREAT! I am SO using that! LOL
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2009