Charity? how often do we think

of those less fortunate than us. Would you give to a charity simply by writing a check and then claiming a tax deduction or would you rather go to the nearest shelter and volunteer?
Personally, I feel giving relieves some burden on our soul, it doesn't matter how or what you do, but doing, the act of charity counts, it feels good, i feel like i am human again, some one with caring and compassion, otherwise, i feel like a robot going thru data and enrcryptions without pausing to see and learn lifes lessons.

Jenny
http://123redirect.com/benefits

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Charity comes in all forms even the "less fortunate" can do it: opening a door, bringing in a shopping cart from the parking lot, smiling, being cheerful, picking up liter, the list can go on...basically treating others how you want to be treated.
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 1:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• i try to donate clothes/diapers what not to a local woman's abuse shelter, was in it when i was 18 and want to give back
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I volunteer every weekend.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I would do it to honor Him.
    He said if you do these you do to Him. Its not about getting but about blessing others and honoring them in the power of His Grace and Love.
    Matt 25: 40"The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'
    Its better to read Matt 25:31-46 to see the context.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• First of all I am the "less fortunate" I am unfortunately living on welfare. I say this especially to the OP, don't presume that the "less fortunate" are just in shelters. If you take the time to get to know people you may find your definition of "the poor" changing. Once you begin to see people, not just lables and steriotypes, but names and faces, helping is much easier and much more personal.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:02 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I hate when people give to charity and then declare it on their taxes. To me, that defeats the whole purpose and it becomes an issue of pride and arrogance. You should give from your heart, not your pocketbook.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:47 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• GDIMOM,
    I like that answer. Also giving from the things we do have. My kids out grow clothes, I donate them.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:32 AM on Sep. 6, 2009