i have a 6 year old bully >PLEASE HELP

My 6 year old can be nice as can be to everyone in the world but not her sister.(special need) She bullies her sister really bad when confronted my 6 year old lies about it.When i put her in time out she screams bites kicks hits me.Ive tied taken away toys but she sceams till she gets em back ive treid everythang i could thank of. i have 4 kids all together and shes the only one who is like this>.what else can i do to make her stop??(PLEASE HELP!!!)BY THE WAY MY 6 YESAR OLD IS THE BABY OF THE FAMILY

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• to be honest you need to be consistent even when it seems its not working keep at it.
    at 6 she should get 6 min. time outs. put her in time out & walk away if (when) she gets out put her back & the time out starts over, even if it takes all day. if you take away a toy don't give it back no matter what ignore her screaming. don't give in or it will get worst.
    I'd take all her toys away & make her earn them back one toy at a time, with good behavior
    also there would be no tv, outside, nothing fun if she bite me.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Do you give her only negative attention? Perhaps she's acting out because she's figured out that if she's good she won't get as much attention. Take every thing out of her bedroom except her bed. No, toys, no treats absolutely nothing. She will have to earn her things back one at a time. When she does good, overly praise her and let her know how much it means to you and the family when she does something good and helps the team (the family). She needs to know that she's a team player and without her doing what she's supposed to do the team can't win. The team will fall apart.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:35 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• oh and you know to alternate the positive praise with the neg. Don't over praise -- SPECIFIC PRAISE -- kids know when we are being sincere.

Seems like there is some jealousy going on. The special needs sibling is obviously older but is he/she the next oldest. If the special needs includes developmental disabilities is it possible that they are just very close in "age" and butting heads?

I'd do the above and also try to figure out what is triggering her behavior (the behind it) and try to address that as well. If she's cool with everyone but sis -- theres something specific going on and you need to figure that out. KWIM. Is it possible that the special needs child is doing something to her too?????
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 3:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• You said it yourself... she screams until she gets her toys back... she throws a fit to get what she wants under her terms. I would take her toys to the trash can until her behavior changed. Maybe if it was expensive, like a DS or something, I would just lock it in the trunk of the car.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2009