7th Pregnancy/ Aching hips/ over 35 yrs old. Please help.

Not sure which factor or if all of them are contributing to my aching hips, but my bones hurt so bad!

During the delivery of my 6th child, she was big (9 pds 10 oz.) she hurt my hips. I had the epidural and for some reason it only took on one side, so on my left side I felt the pain in my hip, it was horrible. I always attributed it to her size, but now I'm only half way through my 7th pregnancy and my hips are hurting like that again. Not as severe as the delivery, but bad enough to make me limp.

What can I do? I hate taking meds, but if that's all I can do I will.

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 10:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my guess is your body has just been through 6 pregnancies before and now it's just a bit harder on your body because of the number of pregnancies plus age, plus the larger baby last time. pregnancy is hard on your body. you can try heat, massage, and tylenol but it's probably just your hips getting ready for delivery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Here size wasn't likely the issue, the likely issue was if you gave birth on your back with reduces the pelvic outlet.

I'm almost 36. This is my first and my hips ache. It's just everything stretching from the relaxin and the pressure of the baby. Some days I limp and some days I don't. My finger joints also ache all the time now.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:42 AM on Sep. 6, 2009