If I get Goverment assistance do I have to let my work know?

Im pretty sure you would have to right? Does that count for something on there end? My work is small and everyone is in everyones bussiness. I would get so much shit for getting help bc alot of who I work with, Think there higher then everyone else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No you do not need to tell anyone at your job.

Answer by louise2 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Only if govt assistance asks for a statement from them such as for date began working there. Usually if you have check stubs they accept that.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• No, you dont have to tell your job, but you have to report your earnings to DHS, which involves nothing more than your paycheck stub when they ask for it. (you should already know that, or have reported to DHS that you have a job) Your employer has no business knowing what kind of PA you are on and what it is for. And, if someone in like human resources knew and then blabbed to other people just to gossip Im pretty sure she can get in trouble for that.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• no none your personal life is not their business.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• No you don't have to tell your work but chances are you will have to turn in something from your job to the social services and in turn your bosses will know.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:31 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• You don't have to tell anyone.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:56 AM on Sep. 6, 2009